The new Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital e-books from our library. Libby is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10.
Download E-Books For Your Devices
Digital E-Books: OverDrive / Libby
The Waterbury Public Library offers a wide collection of e-books that are downloadable for free with your library card. We use the OverDrive/Libby platform for our e-books. There is a 2 book at a time limit.
Getting started with the Libby app
Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Open Libby and find the Waterbury Public Library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
Browse our collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in with your library card. If you don’t know your number, give us a call at 244-7036. If you know your number but the number is not recognized, your card might be expired. Give us a call and we will verify your current information and renew your card for you.
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Open book or Open audiobook to start reading or listening to a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
More help for the Libby App
If you need more help using the Libby App, please check out the Libby Help page.
Downloads for Kindle
You can send most borrowed books to Kindle (available in the U.S. only). To send a book to Kindle:
- Go to your Shelf.
- Tap Manage Loan, then Send to Device.
- Tap select your device, then Kindle.
- Tap Send to Kindle.
- You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to finish getting the book.
- If you’re signed into your Amazon account, verify the “Deliver to:” device and tap Get library book.
- If you’re not signed into your Amazon account, tap Get library book, sign in, and choose a device to deliver the book to.
- Tap Close in the top-right corner to go back to the app.
**This app was previously called OneClick Digital. If you have the OneClick Digital app you should delete that app and install the new RBDigital app.