Weekly Story Times
June 19 to August 10. 10 AM.
- Babies & Toddlers (Ages 0 to 36 mos.) on Mondays.
- Preschoolers (Ages 3 to 6 yrs.) on Thursdays.
Special Programs for Baby, Toddler & Preschool Families
- AB2: Books Come to Life with Music & Dance with Rachel O’Donald. Thursdays, June 22, July 13, August 3. 10 AM.
- Judi Byron and her Little/Big Harp. Monday, July 17. 10 AM
- Taradiddle. Monday, August 7. 10 AM.
Taradiddle is a storytelling duo (Jean Roberts and Daphne Bartholomew) whose specialty is weaving mostly traditional songs and stories from many cultures into a fun event. Whether the mood is slightly scary or seriously silly, audiences leave with smiles on their faces and maybe even a new tale or tune to pass along.
Nature Walk with Mark Ferguson*
Tuesday, June 27. 1 to 2 PM.
For grades 1 and up. Rain date June 29.
Join us for a nature walk with Zoologist Mark Ferguson. Catch cool bugs and Mark will explain what type of bug you found and what role they play in nature!
Wednesdays, 1:30-3 PM.
Ages 7 to 11.
- July 5 – 3-D Paper Projects: Color your own building (possibly add an LED light to it) and flower pot (fill with potting soil & flower seeds).
- July 12 – Create Blinking Bugs with clothes pins & pipe cleaners.
- July 19 – Make a Butterfly Feeder with Jaqueline Soule.
- July 26 – E-textile Baseball Caps (Sew a Lilytiny with led lights onto a white baseball cap.)
“The Beaver - Superb Engineer of Nature*
Friday, July 14. 10 AM.
Ages 5 & up.
Join Mr. K. as he explains how the beavers change their environment which allows them to live in safety but then also supports a wide variety of animals and plants who come to live near their habitats. A variety of artifacts for hands on examination will allow participants to look at the beaver’s world up close.
DCF Book Club*
Tuesdays. 6-7 PM.
For Grades 4-7.
- July 11 - The Evil Wizard Smallbone by Delia Sherman (Books available for checkout by 6/20)
- August 8 - The Wild Robot by Peter Brown (Books available for checkout by 7/11)
Join us for pizza, a book discussion and a craft.
Southern Vermont Natural History Museum presents "Meet the birds of prey!” with Michael Clough*
Friday, July 28. 10 AM. All Ages.
Live hawks, owls and falcons will come for a face to face exploration of what it takes to be a raptor. Their role in the environment and history with humans can help us learn from the past and help us build a better world for the future.
"From Trash To Tunes" with Dennis G. Waring *
Tuesday, August 1. 6-7 PM. All Ages.
This show is a performance using handmade and homemade musical instruments built from recyclables inspired from instruments around the world. Interesting sights, sounds, and stories about the instruments give audiences new insight into folklore, music, craft, science and world view.
Hamel Family Puppet Show and Craft*
Saturday, August 12.. 10 AM. Ages 3 and up.
*Please call (244-7036) to register and ask for details about programs listed above.