The new Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital e-books from our library. Libby is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10.
Digital Library: Download e-Books, Audio Books & Magazines
Waterbury’s digital library includes e-Books, e-Audio books and digital Magazines. All can be accessed through your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- E-Books are available from the library’s OverDrive collection using the Libby app.
- E-Audio books and E-Books are available through RBDigital.
- Digital Magazines are offered through RBDigital.
Check below for basic directions on how to set up these services. Both services offer detailed help sections to get new users started, or you can also come into the library and we can help you out.
You can browse all collections from the Quick Links buttons on the right. You will need your library barcode and PIN (last 5 digits of your library card) to sign in and get started.
Digital Audio Books: RBdigital
The Waterbury Public Library offers a wide collection of audiobooks that are downloadable for free with your library card. We use the RBDigital platform for our audio books. RBdigital Audiobooks gives you access to a wide variety of audiobooks to stream or download.
What you need to get started:
- A valid Waterbury Public Library card
- An account at RBdigital (library card and email address required – you must register through the Waterbury Public Library website)
- The RBdigital app (to download and read magazines offline on your tablet or phone)
- The RBdigital Media Manager for Windows or Mac (to download audiobooks to your computer and transfer them to an MP3 player)
Note: Only Non-protected audiobooks can be downloaded and transferred to portable listening devices.
Listening on Your Smartphone, Tablet or Computer:
Register and get the app
- You will need to register for an account before you can log into your app. You cannot register through the app – you need to register through the Waterbury Public Library website first.
- Go to RBdigital eBooks and Audio, select Register in the top right and complete the form. Use your Library Card #. Your PIN is the last five digits of your card #.
Note: If you used OneClickdigital in the past, you already have an RBdigital account. Use that account to sign into the app (Step 3 of this section).
- Go to your device’s app store and install the RBdigital app.
- Open it and select USA. Enter your RBdigital username. Tap Next.
- Enter your RBdigital password and tap Next. The app will connect to your account.
Borrow and use titles
- Find and borrow items:
- To browse all titles, tap and tap Audiobooks, Magazines or Ebooks.
- To search or browse by genre, audience and more, tap and choose a format. Filter options will update according to your selection.
- Tap a title of interest to learn more.
- Tap Check Out to borrow it or Hold to place a hold.
- To open a borrowed title, tap in the top left and tap Checked Out.
- Tap Play, Download or Read below a title’s cover, or tap the item’s cover and then tap Play or Read.
Tip: The first time you tap Play (for Audiobooks) or Read (for Magazines and eBooks), the title will automatically download. You can ensure that titles will download only on WiFi (as opposed to your data plan) by going to Menu > Settings > WiFi Only and selecting On.
- Contact RBdigital Tech Support
- RBdigital Help Page
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 877-772-8346 (toll free) available 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM Central time
Transfer an Audio Book to Your iPod
- Install the Media Manager software:
- Go to (https://waterburyvt.rbdigital.com/#/help/support) to download the appropriate Audio Desktop App – Media Manager for your computer system (Windows or Mac)
- When the software opens, fill out the login screen:
- Country = USA
- enter the username & password you created during registration.
- Library = Waterbury Public Library
- you may choose to have the software save your login information & auto-login for future use.
Upon login, the software’s checked out books area will be blank unless you have already checked out a book.
- Find an Audio Book you’d like to listen to.
- You can do this in the Media Manager itself by clicking on the “Browse For a Title Online” icon in the upper right hand of the Media Manager. You will be taken to the Waterbury Public Library RBdigital website where you can check out your books.
- After you have checked out your books (don’t download them from the website), return to the Media Manager.
- If you don’t see your titles in the Media Manager, click the “refresh” button, located near the top of the screen.
- Connect your iPod to the computer, wait for your computer to recognize it (usually opens iTunes).
- Click the Download & Transfer button for the book. If you had already downloaded the book to the computer (by selecting Play earlier or allowing the software to auto-download new checkouts), the button will be “Transfer.”
- Select your iPod if prompted by a “device picker” box (some computers skip this).
- A progress bar comes up. If the book was not already downloaded it will download the parts of the book, then transfer to the device. Do not disconnect or cancel out of the box until it says “complete.”
Digital Magazines: RBdigital
Waterbury Public Library, through RBdigital, now offers full-color digital access to a variety of popular magazines. The magazines are accessible through your desktop, mobile device and apps. Our library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
RBdigital Digital Magazines offer:
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today’s mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library’s collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.
How to View Digital Magazines
Important! First You Need To Register To View Digital Magazines
You will need to have an RB Digital account set up in order to view and check out the Digital Magazine. If you need to set up an account, please look under the Digital Audio books section for instructions on how to do this.
View Digital Magazines on your Desktop
- Go to: https://waterburyvt.rbdigital.com/
- Click on the “Login” in the upper right hand corner & fill out your information
- The magazines are in the second row down
View Digital Magazines on your Phone
- Download the RBdigital app
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top left hand corner (menu) and select Magazines
View Digital Magazines on your Tablet
- Download the RBdigital app from either Google Play or the App Store on your iPad. (Note: if you already have the app, and it doesn’t seem to be working to see your Digital Magazine subscription, you may need to logout and login again.)
- Click on the menu (3 horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner) and choose magazines.
Digital E-Books: OverDrive / Libby
The Waterbury Public Library offers a wide collection of e-books that are downloadable for free with your library card. We use the OverDrive/Libby platform for our e-books. There is a 2 book at a time limit.
Getting started with the Libby app
Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Open Libby and find the Waterbury Public Library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
Browse our collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in with your library card. If you don’t know your number, give us a call at 244-7036. If you know your number but the number is not recognized, your card might be expired. Give us a call and we will verify your current information and renew your card for you.
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Open book or Open audiobook to start reading or listening to a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
More help for the Libby App
If you need more help using the Libby App, please check out the Libby Help page.
Downloads for Kindle
You can send most borrowed books to Kindle (available in the U.S. only). To send a book to Kindle:
- Go to your Shelf.
- Tap Manage Loan, then Send to Device.
- Tap select your device, then Kindle.
- Tap Send to Kindle.
- You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to finish getting the book.
- If you’re signed into your Amazon account, verify the “Deliver to:” device and tap Get library book.
- If you’re not signed into your Amazon account, tap Get library book, sign in, and choose a device to deliver the book to.
- Tap Close in the top-right corner to go back to the app.
**This app was previously called OneClick Digital. If you have the OneClick Digital app you should delete that app and install the new RBDigital app.