Genealogy Quest Group
Are you interested in learning how to go about finding your family history?
Join the Genealogy Quest Group, which meets here in the Library on the last Tuesday of each month (except during summer months). Meetings are free and open to the public. Meetings begin at 7:00pm and are located in the SAL room.
(Meetings begin at 7:00pm)
- Tuesday, August 28 – Open Discussion with Show & Tell or you can tell how your summer genealogy searches advanced. For Show & Tell bring a photo, object, newspaper article or anything to do with your genealogy and share with the group.
- Tuesday, September 25 – The Deerfield Massacre of 1704 with Donna Toneatti
- Tuesday, October 30 – Brick Wall Solving: everyone is to bring the important information on a Brick Wall that they would like the group to help them solve. Give information that you have found, what records you have searched, where relatives of this person lived, etc. Over the next month, each person can try to help solve one or more of the Brick Walls.
- Tuesday, November 27 – Return of the Brick Wall Solving: If you have worked on someone else’s Brick Wall, tell what and where you have searched and if you found anything of value. Remember that even the smallest item could be a help.
- December – No Meeting
- Tuesday, January 29 – “Vermont in the Civil War” with Doug Bordeaux
- Tuesday, February 26 – “Happy 25h Anniversary” of Genealogy Quest: Pot Luck and Open Discussion.
- Tuesday, March 26 – Organizing Your Genealogy: Rebecca Cornell discuss digital organization and Debbie Fiske will discuss hard copy organization
- Tuesday, April 30 – “Early Settlers of Waterbury & Duxbury” with Skip Flanders
- Tuesday, May 28 – Program planning for 2019-2020; followed by Open Discussion