Connect with a librarian
The Library staff has now transitioned to work-from-home. We will be answering emails and returning phone calls to- 244-7036 but response time may be a bit slower than normal. Thank you for your patience. We wish you and your loved ones health and resilience!
The Library is closed at least through April 6th.
Please note that DUE DATES are suspended for all library materials. The book drop is now locked. Please hold on to your library materials until further notice.
Ongoing services include:
- Reference help via phone is available by calling 244-7036. Hours may vary.
- Phone tech support is available over the phone or via email. Call 244-7036 and if the staff member available is not able to help with a specific question, our tech librarian Kyle will call you back during his work hours. You may also email Kyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help to access our digital services – call us at 244-7036.
- Wi-fi is accessible in the parking lot and during some hours, in the foyer between the library and the town offices. The network is “Public” and the password is Waterbury (all lower case).
Assistance for parents and other caregivers who are schooling at home is available by calling or emailing our Youth Librarian, Michelle at 244-7036 or email@example.com.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks. We expect demand for these to rise. Please contact our Library Director, Almy, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into a very long wait time or have a suggestion for a title to purchase. We strongly suggest you use the filter for “Available Now” (under the Collections tab) and choose from among thousands of titles that have no wait time.
Waterbury residents and non-residents can still sign up for a Library card!
- For a Youth Library account email: Michelle@waterburypubliclibrary.com
- For an Adult Library account email: Jill@waterburypubliclibrary.com
Please visit our Digital Services page for information on all the content and services you can access 24/7!
- Acorn TV
- Pongalo (Spanish TV and movies)
- Stingray Quello (Concerts, music documentaries)
- ePrep (video instruction for exams)
- Mango Language learning