Waterbury Public Library patrons have access to a wide range of digital resources. Choose from the following categories:
- Ebooks, Audio Books & Digital Magazines
- Streaming Movies, Documentaries & Concerts
- Online Educational Courses
There are two ways to access our Ebook and Audio Book collection:
Use the Libby App through Overdrive to access our collection of eBooks and Audio books. The Waterbury Public Library is part of the Green Mountain Library Consortium, offering you access to thousands of new and old eBooks and Audio books. We also use Overdrive/Libby for our own collection specific to our library. Login to Overdrive/Libby to access both the Consortium’s collection as well as our own.
If you have never created an account with Overdrive, please check out Overdrive Libby Getting started.
Our library is happy to continue to offer you a wide selection of digital titles for you to access anytime, anywhere through Libby, the reading app. Go to https://gmlc.overdrive.com/ to log in and get started.
For those who have not yet tried the Libby app, all you need is your library card number and PIN number. Your PIN number is the last 5 digits of your library card number. Do not use any spaces in either of those numbers. The Libby app is easy to use and will guide you through the setup process and get you connected to our library in just a few minutes. You can find in-app support, or visit the Help Site or Libby Academy within the app for assistance. Download the Libby App to get started.
PressReader is our new digital Magazine and Newspaper subscription service and contains over 7000 digital magazines and newspapers from around the world, in multiple languages. You can read these eMagazines and eNewspapers in the PressReader app which is available on most devices’ app store, or in your desktop/laptop’s browser.
To get started, choose your operating system or device:
- Visit PressReader.
- Click sign in, and select the “Library or Group” option
- Select “Waterbury Public Library” and sign in with your library card number and PIN (last 5 digits of library card number).
- Finish creating an account that can be used on the app or select “No, thanks” to proceed without an account
- Sign into your account every few weeks to keep your app account active.
- Download the app for Apple iOS or Android to use PressReader on your mobile device
- On the app, you can download newspapers for offline reading without subscribing.
Beginning on May 20th, the Library’s IndieFlix and The Great Courses transferred from RBdigital to Overdrive. You will be able to access both through the Libby App, in a section called “Extras”. Any current passes may be interrupted on May 20th. Go through Libby to check out a new pass. There will be a cap on the number of passes available to patrons each month.
Checking out a 7-day pass for IndieFlix or The Great Courses will not count against your 3 title checkout limit for ebooks and digital audiobooks in your Libby account. For help getting started with Libby, see the top of this page.
Acorn TV Service ended May 14.
Acorn TV has been discontinued by Overdrive. Overdrive purchased Acorn TV in 2020 and has decided to discontinue the product.
IndieFlix brings engaging stories to movie lovers around the world. Enjoy over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and Web series from 85 countries. View films from major festivals all over the world, including Sundance, Cannes, Tribeca, and more! Sort by language, genre, or film length with easy-to-use filters. Contribute to films just by subscribing, because IndieFlix directly supports the filmmakers. Watch movies on any Internet-enabled computer, smartphone, or tablet with a Web browser! Also available on Roku, Xbox, and Apple TV.
IndieFlix is now part of Libby/Overdrive. The first time you use the service you must log in with your Waterbury library card. On the Libby/Overdrive website click on “Choose a Location” at the bottom right side of the screen. Follow the prompts from there.
Pongalo offers the largest collection of Spanish-language telenovelas and translated movies streamed on-demand to all popular devices. You will have access to streaming video, allowing you to binge-watch videos the same way you do on paid streaming services.
Pongalo is part of RBdigital. Sign in to RBdigital and look for Pongolo under Entertainment in the top left hand drop down menu. If you need to create an account with RBdigital, please check out our RBdigital instructions.
Watch the world’s largest collection of on-demand full-length performances, concert films, and music documentaries. Stingray Qello transforms your connected devices into the ultimate live concert video experience. Give your favorite headliners a standing ovation from the best seat in the house anywhere, anytime!
Stingray Qello is part of RBdigital. Sign in to RBdigital and look for Stingray Qello under Entertainment in the top left hand drop down menu. If you need to create an account with RBdigital, please check out our RBdigital instructions.
Of the more than 500,000 college professors in the world, only a select few are chosen to teach one of The Great Courses. They include award-winning experts and professors from the most respected institutions in the world and were chosen based solely on one factor: their ability to teach.
The courses range from a myriad of subjects and includes:
- History — Study ancient and biblical times, medieval Europe, Eastern and Western civilizations, as well as how these historical periods still impact society.
- Health — Dive into courses on meditation, nutrition, natural healing and brain fitness.
- Science — Learn from America’s leading scientists in numerous areas of study ranging from biology, astronomy & space, engineering & technology and beyond.
- Language Arts — learning leadership, thinking and communication skills in both professional and personal lives are essential to get a head.
- And Much More!
The Great Courses Library Collection is now part of Libby/Overdrive. The first time you use the service you must log in with your Waterbury library card. On the Libby/Overdrive website click on “Choose a Location” at the bottom right side of the screen. Follow the prompts from there.
It’s like having a private tutor every step of the way! ePrep online courses provide expert video instruction on the SAT, ACT, PSAT, and PLAN tests, so students can achieve higher scores and parents can save money by eliminating the need for expensive private tutors.
- Magnify understanding and retention by aural, visual and tactile engagement with test problems in real time
- Allow students to maximize scores by practicing under test-simulated conditions
- Offer expert instructors to answer questions and solve problems
- Include a vocabulary builder that provides effective ways to learn 1,000 common SAT/ACT test words
- Monitor student progress throughout the course and recommend subject matter and strategy videos for review
- Send students email reminders to keep them on track
- Feature a Parental Support Center for keeping parents up-to-date
ePrep is part of RBdigital. Sign in to RBdigital and look for ePrep under Entertainment in the top left hand drop down menu. If you need to create an account with RBdigital, please check out our RBdigital instructions.
Through a partnership with the Vermont State Library system, Universal Class, Inc. provides free online continuing education courses. It aims to advance intellectual exchange in teaching, research, and service with its technology and belief that lifelong learning should be affordable to all people of all cultures. With a growing course catalog of over 500 online classes, Universal Class is committed to providing only the most affordable and highest quality continuing education.
Mango prepares learners for realistic conversations and strengthens everyday communication skills in over 70 world languages, including English.
LearningExpress provides interactive tutorials, practice tests, e-books, flashcards and articles for academic skill-building, standardized test preparation, career development and more. These award-winning learning tools are available through multiple online platforms designed to help students and professionals achieve their educational and career goals.