Get A Library Card?
Waterbury residents and non-residents can sign up for a Library card!
Membership and library cards are free to residents of the town of Waterbury.
Non-residents can sign up for a Library card/account free of charge as a community service during this time of COVID impact. The account will expire on December 31, 2020 and after that may be renewed by paying the $25 annual non-resident fee.
If you are able and comfortable, please come in to the library with ID showing your current address (or a utility bill) during our Walk-in hours.
If that is not possible for you,
For a Youth Library account email: Michelle@waterburypubliclibrary.com
For an Adult Library account email: Jill@waterburypubliclibrary.com.
With your Waterbury Public Library card, you can borrow books, movies, CDs, and magazines from our library.
You can also
- download eBooks, eAudios, and digital magazines
- use Mango online language instruction
- Access Great Courses, Acorn TV, IndieFlix Concerts, Spanish TV, Test Preparation online
- sign up for free online continuing education courses
- download articles from magazines, newspapers, and reference books via the Vermont Online Library
- request materials from our Catamount Library Network partners and interlibrary loans for materials not available through Catamount.
- Borrow Non-traditional items including a telescope, fancy cake pans, vegetable spiralizer, puzzles, electric usage meter, snowshoes
- Borrow passes to area attractions (see https://www.waterburypubliclibrary.com/museum-pass-program-updated/)