We are open for limited walk-in service!
Dear Waterbury Library Patrons,
We are happy to announce that we are open for limited walk-in service. We are operating at 25% capacity, allowing only brief, purposeful visits.
Song: Steve Lotspeich Engineering & Accompaniment: Alison and Pat McHugh Production & Editing: Kyle Creason
Walk-in: Mondays 12-5, Wednesdays 12-6, and Saturdays 9-1. The first hour (12-1) on Monday and Wednesday is reserved for those who self-identify as being in a high-risk group.Curbside Pickup: Tuesdays 3-6, Thursdays 3-6, and Saturdays 9-1.
- Please use the drop box for all returns, even if you are entering the building. The drop box will be open 24/7.
- Visits limited to 30 minutes or less to browse for materials, with a maximum of two people in a group or one parent with two children.
- 3 computers and 1 iPad available by reservation only. 30 minute limit.
- Self-service printing and copying available, payment by donation, no change provided.
- Facial coverings are mandatory for everyone except children under 2 and those with a medical exemption, per Library and Town of Waterbury policy.
- The Unattended Child Policy has been temporarily amended to read that children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Here is some additional helpful info for this phase of reopening:
No gatherings or congregating and very limited seating. The study and meeting rooms are not available for public use.
Programs will continue to be offered virtually or outdoors.
There will be increased sanitation practices and all the social distancing guidelines that members of the public are used to. As you enter the building, please use the provided hand sanitizer.
Browsing in the stacks will be limited to 2 people per aisle with a 6’ space between them at all times. Stair cases are one way only. Please self-monitor and respect directions on signs.
Library materials will be quarantined upon return before being available again for check-out. We are following guidelines from the Institute for Museum and Library Services and the CDC.
As COVID-19 recedes, greater levels of service will be phased in accordingly. Thanks for your understanding as we work through this “new normal” to provide services to Waterbury.
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions; we’re happy to help.
You can call 244-7036 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!
All the best,
-Almy and the Waterbury Public Library Staff